Polka Pace Race and Polka Dot Fun Run
September 8, 2018 in Havana, IL
About This Activity
The Polka Pace Race is a 5K run through the streets of Havana, including a jaunt through our scenic Riverfront Park and down our historic brick streets. The race begins and ends in the downtown area on Main Street. The Polka Pace Race is a U.S.A. Track and Field certified course and U.S.A. Track and Field sanctioned race.
Along with the Polka Pace Race there will be a 1 mile Polka Dot Fun Run for children 10 and under. Every child will receive a cool t-shirt.
2018 will mark the 36th annual running of the Polka Pace Race, the race is held during Havana’s annual Oktoberfest celebration, which offers an assortment of activities for the entire family. For more information on the Polka Pace Race or Oktoberfest, please visit the Havana’s Chamber of Commerce at www.scenichavana.com or Mason District Hospital at www.masondistricthospital.org
Registration Forms at www.scenichavana.com and www.masondistricthospital.org
Online Registration at https://www.itsyourrace.com
Event details and schedule (Walkers and Strollers are welcome)
- Entry fee includes: Race registration, race bag, gift, race shirt and finisher's medal.
- Early Registration - Now thru August 24, 2018 - Cost: $25.00
- Late Registration – August 25, 2018 thru September 8, 2018 - Cost: $35.00
Running Event Times
- Local High School Cross Country runners begin at 7:30 am
- 5K Race begins at 8:00 am
- Walkers begins at 8:05 am,
- Fun Run begins at approximately 9:00 am,
Timing by J3 Timing, Times will be posted at Awards following the race.
Cash prizes for top 3 finishers both male and female.
Prizes for top finishers in Polka Dot 10 and under Fun Run.
Awards will be immediately following the race under the tent on the corner of Main and Plum.